War Made Easy.
After seeing the movie War Made Easy I was amazed at the language and tactics used by the government to engage the public into thinking that war is the right thing to do in any situation. It is sad to say that I have been so blinded by the media, that I was a victim to their propaganda tactics. I even shocked myself with how much I did not know.
I found this video very important and has definitely curved how I read news and what I take in. I am taking the Introduction to Critical Media Studies class, and from watching this film and what I have learned there has just made things really come together. I wish that more people could see these films to open their eyes and see a close up of what messages are really being spread.
One of the things that I found most surprising was the continuous use of certain phrases. It almost felt like I was watching “media brain washing reveled”. During some parts where it is brought to our attention that politicians are using these words and phrases to make us feel one way in order to support his/her motions to bring us to war with countries that we do not have business being in.
I do not think that people realize how much the media gets into our heads, but this video really opened that up to me and changed how I view what is being said to me and to make sure that I REALLY pay attention and do not become another victim of media overload.
I found this video very important and has definitely curved how I read news and what I take in. I am taking the Introduction to Critical Media Studies class, and from watching this film and what I have learned there has just made things really come together. I wish that more people could see these films to open their eyes and see a close up of what messages are really being spread.
One of the things that I found most surprising was the continuous use of certain phrases. It almost felt like I was watching “media brain washing reveled”. During some parts where it is brought to our attention that politicians are using these words and phrases to make us feel one way in order to support his/her motions to bring us to war with countries that we do not have business being in.
I do not think that people realize how much the media gets into our heads, but this video really opened that up to me and changed how I view what is being said to me and to make sure that I REALLY pay attention and do not become another victim of media overload.








March 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Alex,
I was also shocked after watching this film. I cannot believe in the 22 years I have lived that I was so in the dark about this. If you and I had not known this until after watching the film, I wonder how many others are in the same boat?